The judging process is in two stages, details of which are outlined below:
- Application questions will each be scored against criteria by Tourism NI judges.
- A maximum of 10 points is available per question.
- Scores will be scaled according to the quality and clarity of the information provided.
- The top 3 – 4 scores for each category will go through to the second stage. Please note: Going through to Stage 2 does not automatically indicate receipt of an award.
- Depending on the category you have entered, shortlisted entries at this stage will either be mystery shopped or be required to make an informal presentation to a panel of judges. This is indicated in the category descriptions.
- You will not be informed if your entry has proceeded to the Mystery Shop stage until the finalists are announced in early May. Upon request, individual Mystery Shop Reports will be circulated to each entrant after the awards gala event.
- Presentations for Experience & Business categories will take place in Grand Central Hotel, Belfast on 21st & 22nd April 2020. If you have successfully reached the second stage of judging for presentation, you will be contacted with at least two week’s notice to confirm your attendance.
- Please ensure that if you have entered a category which requires a presentation at Stage 2 that you can make a representative available to attend the presentation days. Failure to attend the presentation stage will result in the forfeit of your entry for NITA 2020.
- The presentation stage is an informal process which allows you to present or discuss further information about your organisation/project that you weren’t able to do in the entry form, such as photographs/ videos, marketing or promotional materials and other supplementary evidence to support your entry. PowerPoint slides may be used, but are not obligatory. The format will be approx. 15 minutes presentation, followed by 15 minutes Q&A session with the judging panel.
- The list of Finalists will only be agreed after completion of all Stage 2 judging and published on the awards website in early May.